It is to your advantage to have your webpage complete, up to date, and attractive, with information easily available to the public.
Following are new, user friendly, directions. The process has been simplified and is basically self-explanatory, but these directions are available if you need them. Print them out or access them online when you are logged in by clicking "Help" under "Quick Edit Links".
Please let me know if you still have any problems.
- Go to: www.SedonaWishList.org
- Click on “Member Login” and log in to your profile using the same username and password you selected on your registration form. Make sure you are using an UPDATED version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
- If you have forgotten your username or password, click “Forgot login?” to reset. (Both Username and Password are case sensitive.)
- After you login, you will see the “member version” of the Sedona Wish List Homepage with “Quick Edit Links” on the left. Each link will take you to one of the five sections of your webpage for editing adding information or to the "Help" page for these directions.
B. EDITING ORGANIZATION LOGIN:
- Your “Organization Logo” is a descriptive photo or symbol that represents your organization. It should also include the name of your organization.
- Click on the first tab, which is where you can add or edit your Organization Logo. Click the down arrow to select “Upload new profile image” or “Remove Image”.
- If you are uploading a new image, click “Browse” to select the photo file on your computer. (ALL PHOTO FILE NAMES MUST BE ALPHA/NUMERIC. No spaces and only letters and numbers – no other marks except hyphens, underlines and the one period before your file type – for example: abcd1234.jpg)
- When the file is selected, click “Update”. It may take a few minutes to a day or so for the image to be approved before going online. Your logo/photo will then appear on your webpage. Look at webpages that have logos to see how much better their pages look!
C. EDITING CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Your “Contact/Profile Information” is taken from your registration page
- Click on the second tab, “Contact Info” to review your information and make sure it is correct.
- To make changes, just place your cursor over the area to be edited. Change, add or delete.
- When finished, click “Update” at the bottom of the page.
- You will notice that there is also a “contact box” near the top of each organization’s page, enabling the public to contact you directly and easily. All member organizations can alsocontact each other via the contact box for scheduling, coordinating events and projects – or just to comment on each other’s webpage. (This contact box is not visible on your own page in “edit” mode.)
D. ADD OR EDIT YOUR EVENTS ON THE EVENTS CALENDAR
- The “Events Calendar” is where you can post your organization’s events for the coming year. Your event will automatically transfer to the comprehensive “Events Calendar”, which is accessible to the public from “Events Calendar” at the top of the Homepage.
- Click on the third tab, “Upcoming Events” and then click on “Add New” (in the white box).
- There are two pages to be filled in. The first – and main – page is titled “Details”. The second page begins with “Select Location” if you are choosing a previously used location and “Address” if you are entering a new location.
- he “Details” page has information about your event. The image & description on the “Details” ge refers ONLY to your event. Use this page to promote your event with photos and marketing information.
- Enter a descriptive title of the event in the “Event Title” box.
- “Venue” has your choice of three selections: “Select Location”, “No Location” or “Submit a new location.
- --- Click on “Select Location” first to see if your location has been used previously. A white box will appear with a list of previously used locations listed by most recent use. Change “Limit” to “All” and Click on BLUE “Venue” to change to alphabetical listing. Click on a previously used location if it is listed and it will autofill on the “Details” page.
- --- Click on “No Location” if the event has no location.
- --- Click on “Submit a new location” if the exact location has not been used previously. The “Address” page will appear. Fill in the “Location” of the event (distinctive building, park, etc., name) and the address. The “Address” page has information ONLY about the venue and location. (ie, the website, image & description on the “Address” page refer ONLY to the venue or location – NOT to your event. Leave them blank if you have nothing to insert.)
- --- When finished, click “Save” at the upper right corner, which will return you to the “Details” page.
- Select the “Category”: “Organization Events”. (Our format requires “categories”, but we have only one.)
- Enter “Date” (and End Date if applicable – Euro format), and “Time” (and End Time if applicable). Click the calendar to enter the date automatically or click the yellow ball at the end for date format. The format is a 24 hour day. (ex: 4pm would be 16:00). The program will transform this into AM and PM on the public webpage.
- Enter the “Price”. If there is no cost, “Free” may be entered.
- “Sponsoring Organization”, “Contact Name”, “Organization Email” and “Website”: Enter the name of your organization and requested contact information.
- “Recurrence”: Select the appropriate recurrence, if any.
- “Image”: Enter a photo of your event. If you have no photo, enter your logo.
- “Description”: Enter a description of your event in the white box at the bottom of the page. It’s a good idea to copy your description in another file in case you need it again.
- Click “Save” at the upper right corner.
- Repeat the process for each additional “Event”.
E. ADD/EDIT YOUR WISH LISTINGS:
- "Wish List” is where you can post your needs, offers and sale items. Click the “Wish List” tab.
- To add an “Offer”, “Need” or an item to sell in “Marketplace”, click “New Wish Listing”. An “Add” page will appear where you can select a category. -“Needs” are goods, services, volunteers, members or funding needed at no cost by member organizations. (A new category, “Members” has been added to “Needs” at the request of member organizations.) - “Offers” are goods, services, funding or scholarships being offered for free by your organization. -“Marketplace” is a place to sell items which have been donated to the organization and which the organization wishes to sell in order to use the funds for its projects. It is not to be used to sell “stock” items nor items owned by individuals. The “Marketplace” category is at the end of the list, so you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the list.
- Click on the chosen category. A new page will appear, already filled out with your organization information. Fill in the “Title of this Offer, Need or Marketplace Item” and “Detailed description of this Offer, Need or Marketplace Item”. The more details you include, the more likely you are to receive replies and the more likey you are to be featured in Sedona Wish List newspaper columns. Enter similar items together (especially goods) in one wish. Enter fewer items more often to be featured more often in the newspaper columns.
- Select the “Urgency” of the offer or need. This will be another search function for the public.
- Please upload 1 or 2 photos describing your Offer, Need or Marketplace Item. Your main photo should be your logo image to maximize attention. Notice on the public pages show much more interesting your “Wish” is if there is a photo with it.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- You have just successfully posted your first “Wish List Offer, Need or Marketplace” item.
- Repeat the process for each additional Offer, Need or Marketplace item.
- Please keep your list current by removing fulfilled or outdated wishes and entering a note of thanks in the “Wishes Fulfilled” section. All of your Wish List postings will be required to be renewed in 90 days. You will receive an automated email reminder 7 days in advance.
D. ADD / REMOVE GALLERY PHOTOS:
- Your “Photo Gallery” is where you can upload unlimited photos which reflect members, volunteers, location, projects – or whatever represents your organization to the public. There are boxes for a title and for descriptions.
- Click on the third “Photo Gallery” tab, then click on the “Gallery User Panel” at the top of the white space. You may also edit or cancel photos (below “Category”) from this page, after you have photos uploaded.
- On the Gallery User Panel, click “upload” to access the “Photo Gallery” page.
- Upload your photos by clicking “Browse”. When you have selected a photo, fill in a title and description. “Category” will autofill with the name of your organization. (ALL PHOTO FILE NAMES MUST BE ALPHA/NUMERIC). No spaces and only letters and numbers – no other marks except hyphens, underlines and the one period before your file type. (for example: ABCD1234 .jpg)
- When you have finished, click “Upload” near the bottom of the page.
- Repeat the process for each additional photo.
- Wait for photo approval, which may be several hours to a day o
- To expedite the process, send a message from “Contact Us” indicating that you have uploaded photos.
E. ADD “WISHES FULFILLED”:
- “Wishes Fulfilled” is where you can thank donors or volunteers and post stories of your successes.
- This is a good place to post awards and letters from contributors or volunteers about their experiences with your organization
- It will be activated when your data is entered.
G. FAQsFAQs are frequently asked questions from the public and will be changed by the moderator periodically to reflect new questions
- Be sure to keep checking back frequently to add information as new features become available.
- Best Wishes for Success in your Community Service,